Friday, May 22, 2015

Canning Tomatoes: A Step by Step Guide

Canning tomatoes is a really rewarding process for me. I have done it for years and I always love to see my jars lined up full of my Summer bounty. This guide is directly from Ball and it will show you just how easy it really is. *As a side note: If you are adding ANYTHING to these tomatoes like peppers or onions please DO NOT USE the water bath canning process. Adding other items to the Tomatoes can change the Ph balance and you do not want that. So be on the safe side. You can add spices and other veggies later on after opening.

I use these tomatoes for just about everything. Enchilada sauce, spaghetti sauce, chili, and so much more. So give it a try! You will not be sorry. :)

Canning Tomatoes: A Step by Step Guide



No comments:

Post a Comment