Monday, May 25, 2015

Loaded Baked Potato Salad Recipe

This is a recipe that I never can make enough of. It goes so fast! It has all the flavors of a loaded baked potato but served in a chilled potato salad.  I have people ask me for the recipe each and every time I make it. Yummy!



Calculate Using One Med. Sized Potato Per Person- Boil Potatoes Until Fork Tender but NOT falling apart.
* I use Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes. You can of course use what ever you prefer.
Chopped and Cleaned Green Onions- 1 1/2-2 Cups
Sharp Cheddar Cheese- 1-2 Cups
* I have also used Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack Cheese
Smoked Bacon Cooked and Crumbled- 1-2 Cups
Sour Cream- I would start with a cup and then go from there until you reach the desired creaminess. *If you find that it needs to be creamier add a half cup of mayo as well.
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Powder To Taste

Add cooled and cubed potatoes into a large bowl with sour cream/mayo mixture. Add cheese, onion, and Bacon. Mix well. Add spices to taste. Taste. If it needs more cheese? Add it. If it needs anything? Go ahead and throw it in there. It wont hurt a thing. Sprinkle any remaining cheese and Green Onion over the top. Sprinkle with some Paprika if desired. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow to chill for at least an hour. This is just a basic guideline to start off with. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment