Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Swineapple!? That's A Real Thing?

Yes. So stand back small children and those who do not know how to operate a smoker. I? Am going in. All of the items have been purchased. The Hickory chips are waiting to be opened and for the next 5 hours we shall focus on making the best smoked Swineapple this California girl can make.  * A Disclaimer: I know I sound like I know what the hell I am doing? I am a pretty savvy cook, But at this point with the Swineapple? I just want it to turn out better than the picture. :)


What is a Swineapple? It is a fresh whole Pineapple that has been cored and the outside has been cleaned and skinned. It is then stuffed with marinated boneless pork ribs or pork tenderloin. After the pineapple is stuffed (Giggity) then the whole thing is wrapped in bacon and smoked. For 5 beautiful hours until everything is crispy. juicy. wonderful. and awesome.  This is my cooking project for today. Let the Swineapple fest begin! 

2 comments:

  1. That looks nummy in the tummy....where are the fucking rolls :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks nummy in the tummy....where are the fucking rolls :D

    ReplyDelete