Monday, May 25, 2015

Ranch Style Beans Recipe-

I make a very similar recipe frequently in my house. This is a very basic recipe to get you started. You can add or take out anything you want and over time make it your own. I love them! This is a great side for a weekend grilling out. These can even be made in a big pit over an open fire during camping or on the grill. If you make them on the grill I would suggest buying canned beans rather than dried. But canned will work as well in a pinch. Drain canned beans in a colander and give them a gentle rinse to get rid of the thick starchy gel that happens from the heat during the canning process. It makes it taste a lot better as well. I add Cumin and smoked Chile powder to mine.. If you dont want to make this as a side but a main meal? Add any leftover meat you may have to these. I have used everything from Ham to Brisket. Chicken and Hamburger are wonderful as well! It doesnt matter and its a great way to use leftovers.  I also like mine on the spicy side. So I add Jalapeno and/or Habanero to my beans. If you don't like things spicy? Omit it.

Ranch Style Beans Recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment